We’re in the wild west of the decentralized web, and everything is a land grab – especially the browser market. In this article, I’ll review the top browsers and do the dirty work of installing, testing and transacting with them – helping you make an informed decision on which browser to use.
Here is the list of Top Browsers selected by Blockchain Consultant Deepanshu Bhatt :
1. Opera Browser:
Opera is the first major browser to integrate a crypto wallet, enabling seamless access to the emerging web of tomorrow (Web 3). Opera’s wallet will automatically detect and show ERC20 compliant tokens, which some Dapps may use, as an in-game currency for example. Opera will also show any crypto collectibles you may have (ERC721), sometimes referred to as NFTs.
Opera Features / Tech Specs:
- Crypto Payments, right from the browser to Merchants, Other users and apps: Pay with cryptocurrencies directly from your wallet. Opera now supports online payments with cryptocurrency where merchants support exists and enable to send money from wallet to wallet and interact with Dapps.
- Hold your crypto tokens and collectibles, right in your browser wallet: Opera’s wallet will automatically detect and show ERC20 compliant tokens, which some Dapps may use, as an in-game currency for example. Opera will also show any crypto collectibles you may have (ERC721), sometimes referred to as NFTs.
- Easy to use and secure the crypto wallet: The Opera wallet keeps a high level of security and gives you full control of your funds and collectible keys as they are all stored on your smartphone. The wallet also uses Android’s secure system lock, which makes transactions on the blockchain easier as you don’t require any additional PIN codes or passwords.
- Explore Web 3: Browse and interact with decentralised web apps on the Ethereum network.
- Make transaction on your desktop: Opera for computers lets you seamlessly interact with Ethereum Dapps and Web 3 without the need to install extensions or set up a new wallet. Download Opera for computers (Developer edition) to get started.
2. Brave Browser:
Brave Browser Features / Tech Specs:
- Built-in AdBlock
- Blocks pop-ups
- Battery optimization
- Data optimization
- Tracking Protection
- Https Everywhere (for security)
- Script Blocking
- 3rd party cookie blocking
- Private tabs
- Recent tabs
3. Tenta Browser:
Tenta is a private & encrypted browser powered by built-in VPN, full data encryption, privacy tools, and blockchain protocols.
Tenta Browser Features / Tech Specs:
- Decentralized DNS support
- Native integration of blockchain protocols and services
- Built-in VPN
- Full Data Encryption
- DNS over TLS, DNSSEC, DNS over HTTPS
- HTTPS Everywhere
- Ad blocker
- Anti tracker
- Encrypted media vault
- Video downloader
- Private and secure browsing by default
- Password encrypted
- No Logs Kept
4. Trust Wallet:
Trust (Binance’s official wallet) is a mobile wallet that supports Ethereum and ERC20, ERC223 tokens. Currently more than 20,000 tokens that are built on Ethereum are accessible through Trust Wallet app. Trust has a DApp Browser that is a full-fledged Web3 browser that allows you to interact with decentralized applications (DApp) directly from the app. Binance has announced the acquisition of Trust Wallet on July 31, 2018.
Trust Wallet Features / Tech Specs:
- Wallet: send and request ether, ERC20 and ERC223 tokens
- Watch: add an address and get notified when it is active
- DApp Browser: use decentralized applications to instantly buy, sell ethereum and ERC20 and ERC223 tokens, collect digital assets such as cryptokitties and more
- Push notifications: get notified of when transactions happen on your address
- Transactions: see detailed information about transactions, full history, price of your portfolio
- Send & Receive: easily send and receive assets via QR code or copy/paste
- Security: set a passcode to protect the app to add another level of encryption
Status is an open source mobile OS, built on top of the Ethereum Public Blockchain — a decentralized browser, chat and wallet — all in a single app. With Status, you can harness the power and promise of web3, right from your mobile device.
6. Coinbase Wallet:
Coinbase Wallet is a software product that gives you access to a wide spectrum of decentralized innovation – buy and store ERC-20 tokens, participate in airdrops and ICOs, collect rare digital art and other collectibles, browse decentralized apps (DApps), shop at stores that accept cryptocurrency, and send crypto to anyone around the world.
Coinbase Wallet Features / Tech Specs:
- Multi-Coin Support – Manage BTC, BCH, ETH, ETC, LTC, and all your ERC-20 tokens.
- Digital collectibles – Cats, monsters, art – store all your ERC721 collectibles in a single beautiful gallery.
- Secure storage – Your keys are protected with Secure Enclave and biometric authentication technology.
- Explore the universe of Decentralized Apps – Decentralized exchanges, jobs, digital collectibles and more! Experience the Open Financial System.
- Easily send and receive crypto – Pay anyone in the world with just their Coinbase Wallet username
This is the best dApps browsers listed by Deepanshu Bhatt, a Blockchain Advisor.